Aerosol spray sunscreen is a popular form of sun protection. However, it carries a warning label stating its flammable nature and not to use it near heat, flame, or while burning. Recently, a man applied aerosol sunscreen and immediately went near his grill. The sunscreen caught fire and resulted in second degree burns on his skin.
Experts say that perhaps it was not completely dry on his skin. Also, there’s a possibility that particles of the spray were still in the air. Either way, be sure to make sure the sunscreen is completely dry on your skin before approaching heat or a flame. Also, make certain there isn’t a flame, such as a grill, in the general area that could catch fire from stray particles in the air.
You can read the full story here.